Radio spectra of pulsars
- 24 Downloads
The interpretation of the average spectra of pulsar radiation is given. It is shown that the observed relationship between the part of the pulsar kinetic energy, which is transformed into radio emission, and the basic period can explain the lack of very long period pulsars. The statistical relationships between the characteristic frequencies rule out effective operating of the Melrose's mechanism (ALAE) in pulsar magnetospheres. Two possible reasons of the high-frequency cut-off are analyzed. The values of the energy of emitting electrons are obtained (γ=ɛ/m e c 2∼103).
KeywordsNeutron Star Radio Emission Pulsar Period Radio Spectrum Parallel Electric Field
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Izvekova, V. A., Kuzmin, A. D., Malofeev, V. M., and Shitov, Yu. P.: 1981,Astrophys. Space Sci. 78, 57 (this issue).Google Scholar
- Malov, I. F.: 1979b,Soviet Astron. AJ 56, 368.Google Scholar
- Malov, I. F.: 1980,Soviet Astrophysica 16, 751.Google Scholar
- Malofeev, V. M. and Malov, I. F.: 1978, Preprint N79, Lebedev Physical Institute.Google Scholar
- Malofeev, V. M. and Malov, I. F.: 1980,Soviet Astron. AJ. 57, 90.Google Scholar
- Ozernoy, L. M. and Usov, V. V.: 1977,Soviet Astron. AJ 54, 753.Google Scholar