One example of mass exchange in case AB in system 5m⊙+4m⊙
- 20 Downloads
Evolution of a binary system with masses of 5m⊙ and 4m⊙, respectively, and with orbital period of 1.41 days is studied by means of non-stationary model calculations under assumptions of conservation of total mass and total orbital angular momentum of the system. As a result of mass exchange between the components we obtain a binary with masses of 8.46 and 0.54m⊙. Physical parameters of the final product indicate possible connection with shell stars.
It is also pointed out that the new secondary component can become rotationally unstable soon after the end of mass exchange.
KeywordsAngular Momentum Model Calculation Orbital Period Binary System Physical Parameter
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Harmanec, P.: 1969, Thesis.Google Scholar
- Kříž, S.: 1968,Bull. Astron. Inst. Czech.,19, 248.Google Scholar
- Kříž, S.: 1969, inMass Loss from Stars (ed. by M. Hack), D. Reidel Publ. Co., Dordrecht, p. 257.Google Scholar
- Plavec, M. and Horn, J.: 1969, inMass Loss from Stars (ed. by M. Hack), D. Reidel Publ. Co., Dordrecht, p. 242.Google Scholar
- Plavec, M., Kříž, S., and Horn, J.: 1969,Bull. Astron. Inst. Czech. 20, 41.Google Scholar