Spherical variable-energy blast wave in self-gravitating gas
- 23 Downloads
Modified similarity method has been used to study the propagation of spherical-variable energy blast waves through a self-gravitating gas. For an energy inputEα=E0t4/3, whereEα is the energy released up to timet andE0 is a functional constant, the similarity solutions correct up to third approximation have been obtained. It is found that the effects of self-gravitational forces are of third order. An increase in the parameterA2 (characterising the gravitational field) increases the shock velocity.
KeywordsGravitational Field Similarity Solution Blast Wave Shock Velocity Energy Blast
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Chaturani, P. and Ram, P.: 1974,Proc. Ind. Acad. Sci. Bangalore 80, 140.Google Scholar
- Freeman, R. A.: 1968,Brit. J. Appl. Phys. D1, 1697.Google Scholar
- Kumar, S., Lal, K., and Prakash, H.: 1978,Proc. Ind. Soc. Theor. Appl. Mech. 23, 13.Google Scholar
- Rogers, M. H.: 1958,Quart. J. Mech. Appl. Math. 11, 411.Google Scholar
- Sakurai, A.: 1956,J. Fluid Mech. 1, 416.Google Scholar