Free convection effects on the oscillatory flow in the Stokes's problem past an infinite porous vertical limiting surface with heat sources
In the present work we study the free convection flow past an impulsively started infinite, vertical porous limiting surface (e.g. of a star) which is subjected to a constant suction velocity, with heat ‘sources’ when the free stream velocity oscillates in time about a constant mean. A perturbation solution is sought for obtaining the expressions of mean velocity and mean temperature. The results are compared with the corresponding ones without heat sources.
KeywordsConvection Heat Source Free Convection Convection Flow Free Stream
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Georgantopoulos, G. A.: 1979,Astrophys. Space Sci. 63, 491.Google Scholar
- Lighthill, M. J.: 1954,Proc. Roy. Soc. London A224, 1.Google Scholar
- Soundalgekar, V. M.: 1973,Proc. Roy. Soc. A333, 37.Google Scholar
- Soundalgekar, V. M.: 1977,J. Heat Transfer 99, 499.Google Scholar
- Stokes, G. C.: 1851,Cambr. Phil, Trans. IX, 8.Google Scholar