On the screening of the interstellar electric and magnetic fields by the solar wind
- 26 Downloads
Fast-streaming solar-wind plasma with high conductivity screens the heliosphere from the penetration of the interstellar electric and magnetic fields. The simplest model with the constant solar wind conductivity and radial velocity is considered and the boundary electrodynamic problem is solved for static external fields. The results show that screening of the external fields takes place in the heliosphere according to the exponential law.
KeywordsMagnetic Field Simple Model Solar Wind Radial Velocity External Field
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Alexeev, I. I., Kropotkin, A. P., and Veselovsky, I. S.: 1982,Solar Phys. 79, 385.Google Scholar
- Axford, W. I.: 1972, inSolar Wind, NASA SP-308, p. 609.Google Scholar
- Baranov, W. B. and Krasnobaev, K. W.: 1977,Hydrodynamic Theory of Cosmic Plasma, Nauka, Moscow (in Russian).Google Scholar
- Parker, E. N.: 1963,Interplanetary Dynamical Processes, Interscience Publ., New-York, London.Google Scholar
- Veselovsky, I. S.: 1974,Solar Wind, ‘Itogy Nauki i Techniki’, Issledovanie kosmiczeskogo prostranstva, Vol. 4, Moscow (in Russian).Google Scholar