Production of submicron-size monodisperse polymer particles having aldehyde groups by seeded aldol condensation polymerization
- 126 Downloads
Submicron-size monodisperse polystyrene/polyglutaraldehyde composite particles having aldehyde groups at the surfaces were produced by seeded aldol condensation polymerization of glutaraldehyde in the presence of polystyrene particles prepared by emulsifier-free emulsion polymerization. This technique is expected to be useful for the production of size-controlled polymer particles having aldehyde groups.
Key wordsPolymer emulsion seeded polymerization glutaraldehyde aldol condensation polymerization aldehyde group
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Okubo M, Kamei S, Mori K, Matsumoto T (1983) Kobunshi Ronbunshu 40:449Google Scholar
- 2.Kamei S, Okubo M, Matsuda M, Matsumoto T (1986) Colloid Polym Sci 264:743Google Scholar
- 3.Okubo M, Yamamoto Y, Uno M, Kamei S, Matsumoto T (1987) Colloid Polym Sci, 26:1061Google Scholar
- 4.Margel S (1984) J Polym Sci Polym Chem Ed 22:3521Google Scholar
- 5.Koral JN, Smolin EM, (1963) J Polym Sci A 1:2831Google Scholar
- 6.Kumakura M, Suzuki M, Kaetsu I (1984) J Colloid Interface Sci 97 (1):157Google Scholar
- 7.Margel S, Wiesel E (1984) J Polym Sci Polym Chem Ed 22:145Google Scholar
- 8.Yan C, Zhang X, Sun Z, Kitano H, Ise N (1990) J Appl Polym Sci 40:89Google Scholar
- 9.Smith DM, Mitchell J. Jr (1950) Anal Chem 22:750Google Scholar