Partial coffficients of thermal expansion of high-speed steels
- 35 Downloads
We determined the lattice constants of M6C and MC and the α and γ phases in high-speed steels R6M3 and R14F4 during heating and cooling at 20–1200°C. The lattice constant of MC varies linearly at these temperatures. The lattice constant of M6C has two temperature ranges in which the coefficient increases linearly with temperature: 20–800 and 900–1200°C, with increasingly linear expansion. The lattice constant of M6C at 20°C is the same in the annealed and quenched steels.
The partial thermal expansion coefficients were calculated at 20–1200°C for M6C and MC and the α and γ phases. A relationship was found between the type of solid solution and the partial expansion coefficient of M6C.
KeywordsSolid Solution Thermal Expansion Lattice Constant Expansion Coefficient Thermal Expansion Coefficient
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.H. Goldshmidt, J. Iron Steel Inst., No. 7 (1957).Google Scholar
- 2.V. A. Landa and E. M. Stepnov, Metal. i Term. Obrabotka Metal., No. 9 (1967).Google Scholar
- 3.V. A. Landa and E. M. Stepnov, Zavod. Lab., No. 4 (1967).Google Scholar
- 4.A. P. Gulyaev et al., Zavod. Lab., No. 3 (1965).Google Scholar
- 5.Z. Bojarski, J. Iron Steel Inst.,199 (1961).Google Scholar
- 6.V. I. Arkharov et al., Izv. Akad. Nauk SSSR, OTN, No. 6 (1947).Google Scholar