Effects of ion collisions on TM modes in a cylindrical wave guide filled with hot moving plasma
- 23 Downloads
For a cylindrical wave guide, filled with hot collisional and moving plasma, the expression for damping coefficientKi (imaginary part of the wave vector) has been derived and discussed in case of TM modes. It is observed that due to the effects of ion collisions,Ki remains less than zero for all values of β(=ν/c) and waves suffer strong reflections for β≤0.5. The damping is however not affected for moderate changes in collision frequencies, while for low values of electron collision frequency and plasma density, the damping coefficient varies in a parabolic fashion with sharp reflections at β≅0.3.
KeywordsReflection Imaginary Part Wave Vector Plasma Density Collision Frequency
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Bhatnagar, P. L., Gross, K. P., and Krook, M.: 1954,Phys. Rev. 94, 511.Google Scholar
- Gupta, P. N., Singh, D., Tiwari, G. N., and Tolpadi, S. K.: 1975,Inst. Electron Telecom. Engrs. 21, 373.Google Scholar
- Jain, P. K., Singh, D., Gupta, P. N., and Tolpadi, S. K.: 1973,IEEE Trans. AP-21 (9), 743.Google Scholar
- Kalluri, D. and Prasad, R.: 1978,IEEE Trans. PS-6 (4) 593.Google Scholar
- Mukherjee, P. K.: 1975,J. Appl. Phys. 46, 5292.Google Scholar
- Phalswal, D. R., Dubey, Anil, and Varma, N. L.: 1980,J. Inst. Electron Telecom. Engrs. 26, 233.Google Scholar