Unsteady flow of a non-Newtonian visco-elastic fluid between two coaxial circular cylinders
- 45 Downloads
In this paper, the flow of a visco-elastic liquid between two coaxial circular cylinders has been studied when inner cylinder is moving from rest for a certain period with linearly growing speed and then stops suddenly. The Laplace transform technique has been employed to solve the basic differential equations. The expression for the velocity field is obtained.
KeywordsDifferential Equation Velocity Field Circular Cylinder Unsteady Flow Basic Differential Equation
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Astarika, G. and Marrucci, G.: 1974,Principles of Non-Newtonian Fluid Mechanics, McGraw-Hill Co., New York.Google Scholar
- Carslaw, H. S. and Jaeger, J. C.: 941,Operational Methods in Applied Mathematics, Oxford University Press, Oxford.Google Scholar
- Carslaw, H. S. and Jaeger, J. C.: 1959,Conduction of Heat in Solids, Clarendon Press, Oxford.Google Scholar
- Jones, A. C.: 1964,Phys. Fluids 7, 1143.Google Scholar
- Oldroyd, J. G.: 1950,Proc. Roy. Soc. London 200A, 523.Google Scholar
- Pipkin, A. C.: 1964,Phys. Fluids 7, 1143.Google Scholar
- Rivlin, R. S. and Ericksen, J. L.: 1955,J. Rational Mech. Anal. 4, 323.Google Scholar
- Schlichting, H.: 1962,Boundary-Layer Theory, McGraw-Hill Book Co., New York.Google Scholar
- Teipel, I.: 1981,Acta Mechanica 39, 277.Google Scholar
- Walters, K.: 1960,Quart. J. Mech. Appl. Math. 13, 444.Google Scholar