Hardness of the surface layer of metal treated in gas discharge
- 10 Downloads
Treatment of metallic materials with ion bombardment in glow discharge in hydrogen increases the hardness of the surface layer for most materials, while treatment in air reduces the hardness. The effect of hydrogen is due to its penetration into the lattice of the metal.
KeywordsHydrogen Surface Layer Glow Discharge
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.A. I. Akishin, Ion Bombardment in Vacuum [in Russian], Gosénergoizdat, Moscow (1963).Google Scholar
- 2.V. D. Kuznetsov and K. V. Savitskii, Trudy SFTI, Tomsk (1939).Google Scholar
- 3.P. A. Rebinder and V. I. Likhtman, Dokl. Akad. Nauk SSSR, Novaya Seriya,69 (1949).Google Scholar
- 4.D. B. Gogoberidze, Hardness and Methods of Measuring It [in Russian], Mashgiz, Moscow (1952).Google Scholar
- 5.R. A. Ryabov et al., Izv. Vuzov, Fizika, 3 (1969).Google Scholar
- 6.A. Portevin et al., Compt. Rend. Acad. Sci.,204 (1937).Google Scholar