The relaxation field for the general case of electrolyte mixtures
- 68 Downloads
The relaxation field for solutions of mixed electrolytes of any type is calculated. the calculation is based on the well-known treatment due to Fuoss-Onsager with the same distance parameter for all the ions in solution. A general conductance-continuity equation has been established and an improved iterative method of calculation, using Laplace transforms, is proposed. The relaxation-field results are derived to the second iteration in the perturbation method of integration.
Key WordsRelaxation field mixed electrolytes kinetic effect unsymmetrical electrolytes conductance theory
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.R. M. Fuoss and L. Onsager,J. Phys. Chem. 66, 1722 (1962).Google Scholar
- 3.R. M. Fuoss and L. Onsager,J. Phys. Chem. 67, 621 (1963).Google Scholar
- 4.R. M. Fuoss and L. Onsager,J. Phys. Chem. 68, 628 (1963).Google Scholar
- 5.R. M. Fuoss, L. Onsager, and J. F. Skinner,J. Phys. Chem. 69, 2581 (1965).Google Scholar
- 6.R. M. Fuoss and F. Accascina,Electrolytic Conductance (Interscience, New York, 1959).Google Scholar
- 7.J. Quint, Thèse Doctorat, Clermont-Ferrand (1976).Google Scholar
- 9.J. Quint and A. Viallard, submitted toJ. Solution Chem. (1978).Google Scholar