Hydromagnetic free-convection flow near a time-varying accelerated vertical plate
- 40 Downloads
The effect of a uniform transverse magnetic field on the free-convection flow of an electrically conducting fluid past an exponentially accelerated infinite vertical plate is analysed for both cases, when the magnetic lines of force are fixed relative to the fluid and the plate, respectively. The Laplace transform method is used to obtain the expressions for velocity and skin-friction. The effect of a magnetic parameter is to decrease the velocity of water when the magnetic field is fixed to the fluid, while it increases the velocity field when the magnetic lines of force are fixed relative to the plate.
KeywordsMagnetic Field Velocity Field Magnetic Parameter Vertical Plate Transverse Magnetic Field
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Cramer, K. R. and Pai, S. I.: 1973,Magnetofluid Dynamics for Engineers and Applied Physicists, Mc-Graw Hill Book Co., New York.Google Scholar
- Georgantopoulos, G. A., Douskos, C. N., Kafousias, N. G., and Goudas, C. L.: 1978,Letters J. Heat Mass Transfer 5, 379.Google Scholar
- Gupta, A. S.: 1960,J. Phys. Soc. Japan 15, 1894.Google Scholar
- Kakutani, T.: 1958,J. Phys. Soc. Japan 13, 1504.Google Scholar
- Ong, R. S. and Nicholls, J. A.: 1959,J. Aerospace Sci. 26, 314.Google Scholar
- Raptis, A. and Singh, A. K.: 1983,Int. Comm. Heat Mass Transfer 10, 313.Google Scholar
- Rossow, V. J.: 1957, NACA Rept. 3971.Google Scholar
- Rossow, V. J.: 1958, NACA Rept. 1358.Google Scholar
- Soundalgekar, V. M.: 1965,Appl. Sci. Res. 10A, 141.Google Scholar
- Soundalgekar, V. M.: 1977,J. Heat Transfer (Trans. ASME) 99C, 499.Google Scholar
- Yang, H. T.: 1958,Rept. of the Institute for Fluid Dynamic and Applied Maths., University of Maryland.Google Scholar