Effects of the external temperature-dependent heat sources on the unsteady free convective and mass-transfer hydromagnetic flow in the stokes problem
- 27 Downloads
There have been considered the effects of external temperature-dependent heat sources and mass transfer on free convection flow of an electrically conducting viscous fluid past an impulsively starting infinite vertical limited surface in presence of a transverse magnetic field as considered. Solutions for the velocity and skin-friction, in closed form are obtained by using the Laplace transform technique and the results obtained for various values of the parametersSc (Schmidt number),M (Hartmann number), andS (Strength a Source or Sink) are given in graphical form. The paper is concluded with a discussion on the obtained results.
KeywordsMagnetic Field Convection Mass Transfer Heat Source Limited Surface
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Gebhart, B. and Pera, L.: 1971,Int. J. Heat Mass Transfer 14, 2025.Google Scholar
- Georgantopoulos, G. A., and Nanousis, N. D.: 1980,Astrophys. Space Sci. 67, 229.Google Scholar
- Kafousias, N. G., and Raptis, A. A.: 1981,Rev. Roumanian Sci. Techn. Appl. Math. 26, (No. 1), 11.Google Scholar
- Soundalgekar, V. M.: 1976,Proc. Indian Acad. Sci. 84A, 194Google Scholar
- Sparrow, E. M., Minkowycz, J. J., and Eckert, E. R.: 1964,J. Heat. Trans. ASME 86c, 508.Google Scholar