Two-colour photoelectric investigation of AR Lacertae
- 19 Downloads
The RS CVn-type eclipsing binary AR Lac has been observed in two colours,B andV, in 1978 and 1979. Several times of minima have been obtained during the observations and the new light elements have been calculated. The orbital period of the system was found to be decreasing with an amount of 14.6 s century−1.
The light curves of the system obtained inB andV show a significant wave-like distortion outside eclipses. The amplitudes of the wave-like distortion inB andV are about 0 . m 09 and 0 . m 10 in 1978, and, 0 . m 12 and 0 . m 13 in 1979, respectively. The minima of the wave-like distortion have shifted with an amount of 0 . p 40 in one year, thus indicating the migration period of the wave-like distortion is about 2.5 yr.
A noticeable variation of light during the totality of primary minimum has also been observed. This variation can be attributed to the distortion wave which has been moving towards decreasing phases.
KeywordsColour Migration Orbital Period Light Curve Light Element
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Atkins, H. L. and Hall, D. S.: 1972,Publ. Astron. Soc. Pacific. 84, 638.Google Scholar
- Catalano, S.: 1973, in A. H. Batten (ed.), ‘Extended Atmospheres and Circumstellar Matter in Spectroscopic Binary Systems’,IAU Symp. 51, 61.Google Scholar
- Cester, B.: 1967,Mem. Soc. Astron. Ital. 38, 713.Google Scholar
- Chambliss, C. R.: 1976,Publ. Astron. Soc. Pacific 88, 762.Google Scholar
- Guarnieri, A., Bonifazi, A., and Batistini, P.: 1975,Astron. Astrophys. Suppl. 20, 199.Google Scholar
- Hall, D. S.: 1976a, ‘Multiple Periodic Variable Stars’,IAU Colloq.29.Google Scholar
- Hall, D. S.: 1976b,IAU Comm. 42,IAU Circ. No. 2.Google Scholar
- Hall, D. S., Richardson, T. R., and Chambliss, C. R.: 1976,Astron. J. 81, 1138.Google Scholar
- Hjellming, R. M. and Blankenship, L.: 1973,Nature (Phys. Sci.) 243, 81.Google Scholar
- Jacchia, L.: 1929,Gaz. Astron. 16, 184.Google Scholar
- Karle, J. H., Vaucher, C., Gaston, B., and Sherman, E.: 1977,Acta. Astron. 27, 93.Google Scholar
- Naftilan, S. A. and Drake, S. A.: 1977,Astrophys. J. 216, 508.Google Scholar
- Plavec, M., Smetanová, M. and Pěkný, Z.: 1961,Bull. Astron. Inst. Czech. 12, 117.Google Scholar
- Rhombs, C. G. and Fix, J. D.: 1977,Astrophys. J. 216, 503.Google Scholar
- Rügemer, H.: 1931.Astron. Nachr. 245, 39.Google Scholar
- Wood, F. B.: 1946,Princeton Univ. Obs. Contr. No. 21.Google Scholar