Spike emission at 21 cm wavelength in post-flare loops
- 30 Downloads
Electron-cyclotron maser instability produced by accelerated energetic electrons is today's most favoured process for spike emission on ultra-short time scales at dm wavelengths. The process of electron acceleration occurs primarily in pre-impulsive and impulsive phases. We present observations of spike bursts at 21 cm in a limb event that occurred in AR 5629 on 1989 August 17. Optical observations of the event from Beijing Astronomical Observatory show coronal loops that interact just before the spike groups appeared. This implies that additional particle acceleration might be produced by the interaction between emerging loops and original large loops, and become the source of the energetic electrons responsible for the spike emission appearing in the descending phase. Some important parameters are deduced.
KeywordsParticle Acceleration Astronomical Observatory Energetic Electron Coronal Loop Optical Observation
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Benz, A. O.: 1986,Solar Phys. 104, 99.Google Scholar
- Droge, F.: 1977,Astron. Astrophys. 57, 285.Google Scholar
- Fu, Q. J., Jin, S. Z., Zhao, R. Y., Zheng, L. P., Liu, Y. Y., Li, X. C., Wang, S. L., Chen, Z. J., and Hu, C. M.: 1987,NASA CP-2449, 237.Google Scholar
- Gary, D., Hurford, G., and Flees, D.: 1991,Astrophys. J. 369, 255.Google Scholar
- Gong, Y. F., Lu, S. Q., Shang, Q. Z., Hu, H. M., Shi, S. B., and Li, Q. Y.: 1989,Acta Astrophys. Sinica 9, 69 (in Chinese).Google Scholar
- Gong, Y. F., Shang, Q. Z., Hu, H. M., Lu, S. Q., Li, J. K., and Yan, R. B.: 1990,Science Bulletin 3, 201 (in Chinese).Google Scholar
- Jin, S. Z., Zhao, R. Y., and Fu, Q. J.: 1986,Solar Phys. 104, 391.Google Scholar
- Li, W.: 1990,Publications of Yunnan Observatory, 22 MAX Global Character Research of Solar-Terrestrial System Special Issue III, p. 185.Google Scholar
- Slottje, C.: 1978,Nature 275, 520.Google Scholar
- Stahli, M. and Magun, A.: 1986,Solar Phys. 104, 117.Google Scholar
- Winglee, R. M. and Dulk, G. A.: 1986,Solar Phys. 104, 93.Google Scholar