Analysis of Neckel and Chini standard stars in theUBVRI photometric system
- 26 Downloads
This paper studies the list of 60 faint standard stars of Neckel and Chini (1980) in theUBVRI Johnson photometric system. These standards have been used due to the collaboration in the HIPPARCOS project of our department, but this work was made in parallel of this and the results were not used.
We have re-reduced the standard stars using our own method of reduction from a large number of selected observations made at the Observatorio Astronómico Nacional and at the Centro Astronómico Hispano-Alemán, both at Calar Alto, Spain, and at the Observatorio del Roque de los Muchachos, La Palma Island, Spain.
The reduction method used is explained and the results are given for the four colours used: (B-V),(U-B), (V-R), and (V-I), together with theV magnitude, that is, we have corrected many standard stars for each colour and magnitude. These results are supported with graphs where residual colour (o magnitude), is plotted against corresponding colour (or magnitude).
Finally, our (V-R) and (V-I) results are compared to those of Tayloret al. (1989), with a good correspondence.
KeywordsColour Reduction Method Good Correspondence Standard Star Photometric System
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Harris, W. E., Pim Fitzgerald, M., and Cameron Reed, B.: 1981,Publ. Astron. Soc. Pacific 93, 507.Google Scholar
- Iriarte, B., Johnson, H. L., Mitchell, R. I., and Wisniewski, W. K.: 1965,Sky Telesc. 30, 21.Google Scholar
- Johnson, H. L.: 1955,Ann. Astrophys. 18, 292.Google Scholar
- Johnson, H. L. and Morgan, W. W.: 1951,Astrophys. J. 114, 522.Google Scholar
- Johnson, H. L. and Morgan, W. W.: 1953,Astrophys. J. 117, 313.Google Scholar
- Neckel, Th. and Chini, R.: 1980,Astron. Astrophys. Suppl. Ser. 39, 411.Google Scholar
- Rosselló, G., Calafat, R., Figueras, F., Jordi, C., Nuñez, J., Paredes, J. M., Sala, F., and Torra, J.: 1985,Astron. Astrophys. Suppl. Ser. 59, 399.Google Scholar
- Rosselló, G., Calafat, R., Figueras, F., Jordi, C., Nuñez, J., Paredes, J. M., Sala, F., and Torra, J.: 1987,Astron. Astrophys. Suppl. Ser. 67, 157.Google Scholar
- Taylor, J. B., Joner, M. D., and Johnson, S. B.: 1989,Astron. J. 97, 1798.Google Scholar