Photometry of an active Algol-type binary HP Aur
- 25 Downloads
The short period Algol-type binary HP Aur has been studied on the basis ofUBV photometric observations. Its colour indexes were found to be (U-B)=0.14, (B-V)=0.70, and light curves show non-symmetrical and obvious photometric disturbances. Autoregressive spectral analysis and harmonic analysis for its light variations were made. The results indicate its brightness variations have the multiplet quasi-periods and low amplitudes. Its photometric solutions have been obtained using the Wilson-Devinney method. Its mass ratio is 0.5631, orbital inclination is 85.0 and it is a detached system. Its basic model has been discussed briefly.
KeywordsColour Spectral Analysis Harmonic Analysis Light Curve Colour Index
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Landolt,: 1973,Astron. J. 78, No. 9.Google Scholar
- Mallama, A. D., Skillman, P. A., Pinto, P. A., and Krobusek, B. A.: 1977,Inf. Bull. Var. Stars, No. 1249.Google Scholar
- Meinunger, L.: 1980,Mitt. Veränderliche Sterne 8, 121.Google Scholar
- Perova, H. B.: 1960,Peremenye Zvjozdy (Variable Stars) 12, 371.Google Scholar
- Splittgerber, E.: 1971,Inf. Bull. Var. Stars, No. 572.Google Scholar
- Strohmeier, W.: 1958,Kleine Veröffentlichungen der Remeis-Sternwarte Bamberg, Band II, No. 21, 1.Google Scholar