Automatic grid azimuth by hour angle of the sun, a star or a planet using an electronic theodolite Kern E2
- 35 Downloads
The paper deals with the automatic grid azimuth determination of an object on the earth using the electronic theodolite Kern E2 by observing the sun, a star, or a planet. The observation time and the readings of horizontal and vertical circles of the electronic theodolite enter automatically the electronic calculator Hewlett-Packard HP41CX. The calculator computes the grid azimuth of the terrestrial object and directs the observer what to do. Therefore, even a personnel without specific high education can make observations. For the solar observations it is not necessary to have an astronomical almanac, because the program computes the solar coordinates. The general input data, together with the measured ones, can be stored on a magnetic cassette and later on, if necessary, one can correct the general data and recalculate the azimuth. The method proved to be very practical in the field work.
KeywordsHigh Education Input Data Azimuth General Data Observation Time
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Mueller, I. I., Eichhorn, H.: 1968, Spherical and Practical Astronomy, Frederick Ungar publishing, New York, 615.Google Scholar
- 2.Peterson, A. E.: 1986,Technical Papers ACSM-ASPRS Annual Convention-Washington, Vol. 2, 177.Google Scholar
- 3.Rutishauser, J., Scherrer, R.: 1984,Wild Heerbrugg AG Profis 12.Google Scholar
- 4.Shresta, R. L., McGrath, T. S.: 1986,Surveying and Mapp. 4, 323.Google Scholar
- 5.Solaric, N.: 1983,Papers of XVIIth Internat. Congress FIG-Sofia,10, pp. 503.6–503.6/9.Google Scholar
- 6.Solaric, N.: 1984,Wiss. Zeitsch. Techn. Univers. Dresden,6, 114.Google Scholar
- 7.Solaric, N.: 1984,Proceed. of XIth Yugosl. sympos. on measur. and measur. equip., published by Drustvo za mernu tehn. Vojvodine-Novi Sad, pp. 132.1–132.10.Google Scholar
- 8.Solaric, N.: 1986,Proceed. of XIIth Yugosl. sympos. on measur. and measuring, published by Drustvo za mernu tehn. Srbije-Beograd,1, 143.Google Scholar
- 9.Solaric, N.: 1987,Surveying and Mapp., (submitted).Google Scholar