Oscillatory hydromagnetic flow through a porous medium in the presence of free convection and mass transfer flow
- 28 Downloads
Unsteady two-dimensional hydromagnetic free convection and mass transfer flow of an electrically-conducting viscous-incompressible fluid, through a highly porous medium bounded by a vertical plane surface of constant temperature is considered. The free-stream velocity of the fluid vibrates about a mean constant value and the surface absorbs the fluid with constant velocity. Expressions for the velocity, temperature, concentration are obtained. Effects of Gr (Grashof number), Gm (modified Grashof number),K (permeability of the porous medium), ω (frequency parameter), andM (magnetic parameter) upon the velocity field are discussed.
KeywordsPermeability Convection Mass Transfer Porous Medium Velocity Field
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Gebhart, B. and Pera, L.: 1971,Int. J. Heat Mass Trans. 14, 2025.Google Scholar
- Gulab, R. and Mishra, R.: 1971,Indian J. Pure Appl. Math. 8, 637.Google Scholar
- Raptis, A.: 1983,J. Engng. Sci. 21, 345.Google Scholar
- Raptis, A., Tzivanidis, G., and Kafousias, N.: 1981,Heat Mass Trans. 8, 417.Google Scholar
- Singh, Dilip: 1964,J. Phys. Soc. Japan 19, 751.Google Scholar
- Soundalgekar, M.: 1976,Proc. Indian Acad. Sci. 84A, 194.Google Scholar
- Sparrow, E. M., Minkowycz, J. J., and Eckert, E. R. G.: 1964,J. Heat Trans. ASME 86C, 508.Google Scholar
- Varshney, C.: 1979,Indian J. Pure Appl. Math. 10, 1558.Google Scholar
- Yamamoto, K. and Iwamura, N. J.: 1976,Engin. Math. 10, 41.Google Scholar
- Yamamoto, K. and Yoshida, Z.: 1974,J. Phys. Soc. Japan 37, 774.Google Scholar