Statistical analysis of multiple absorption spectra in QSO
- 26 Downloads
A detailed statistical analysis was carried out for several quasars with multiple red-shifts systems. The most important results are (a) The statistical test of the reliability of az-system is very sensitive toz, the total number of absorption lines, the selected set of reference lines and the number of identified lines (b) The standard deviation σ from μ, the average number of randomz-systems per random spectra is larger than μ. Consequently, the reliability of any system depends predominately on σ and not on μ.
KeywordsStandard Deviation Absorption Spectrum Absorption Line Reference Line Detailed Statistical Analysis
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Bahcall, J. N.: 1968,Astrophys. J. 153, 679.Google Scholar
- bahcall, J. N. and Feldman, U.: 1970,Astrophys. J. 161, 389.Google Scholar
- Bahcall, J. N. and Goldschmidt, S.: 1971 (preprint).Google Scholar
- Gunn, J. and Peterson, B.: 1965,Astrophys. J. 142, 1633.Google Scholar
- Lynds, C. R.: 1971,Astrophys. Letters 164, L73.Google Scholar