Isolation of β-(1→4)-glucan synthetase from cottonplant shoots
An enzyme complex including β-(1→4)-glucan synthetase has been isolated from cottonplant shoots by chromatography and electrophoresis. Accrding to electrophoretic analysis under denaturing conditions, the molecular masses of the polypeptides presumably present in in the glucan synthetase complex amounted to 74, 50, and 30 kDa.
KeywordsOrganic Chemistry Molecular Masse Polypeptide Glucan Enzyme Complex
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.P. M. Ray, Plant Physiol.,51, No. 4, 601 (1973).Google Scholar
- 2.J. Raymond, G. B. Tincher, and J. A. Machlachlan, Plant Physiol.,61, No. 5, 978 (1978).Google Scholar
- 3.D. P. Delmer, Adv. Carbohyr. Chem. Biochem.,41, 104 (1982).Google Scholar
- 4.D. P. Delmer, S. M. Read, and G. Cooper, Plant Physiol.,84, No. 2, 415 (1987).Google Scholar
- 5.M. Benziman et al., The Polypeptide of Bacterial Cellulose Synthetase and Its Occurrence in Higher Plants, Dept. of Biological Chemistry, Institute of Life Sciences, Hebrew University of Jerusalem (1988).Google Scholar
- 6.U. K. Laemmli, Nature (London),227, No. 5259, 680 (1970).Google Scholar
- 7.B. N. Stepanenko, and A. V. Morozova, Dokl. Akad. Nauk USSR,187, No. 6, 1425 (1969.Google Scholar