Raw material effect on AIN powder synthesis from Al2O3 carbothermal reduction
- 141 Downloads
The effect of starting Al2O3 raw materials on the synthesis of AIN powder by Al2O3 carbothermal reduction was investigated. The reactivity ofγ-Al2O3 among other materials, is excellent, at 1500° C. The skeleton of raw powders remains in the AIN particle shape. The thermal conductivity for hot-pressed AIN was severely affected by the oxygen content in AIN powder.
KeywordsOxygen Polymer Thermal Conductivity Al2O3 Oxygen Content
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.G. A. Slack,J. Phys. Chem. Solids 34 (1973) 321.Google Scholar
- 2.T. Sakai andM. Iwata,J. Mater. Sci. 12 (1977) 1659.Google Scholar
- 3.T. Sakai, M. Kuriyana, T. Inukai andT. Kijima,Yogyo-Kyokai-Shi 86, 4 (1978) 30.Google Scholar
- 4.N. Kuramoto,Ceramics 22 (1987) 29.Google Scholar
- 5.I. C. Huseby,J. Amer. Ceram. Soc. 66 (1983) 217.Google Scholar
- 6.G. Long andL. M. Foster,ibid. 42 (1959) 53.Google Scholar
- 7.G. Yamaguchi andH. Yanagida,J. Chem. Soc. Jpn 32 (1959) 1264.Google Scholar
- 8.I. Adams, T. R. Aucoin andG. A. Wolf,J. Elec. Chem. Soc. 109 (1962) 1050.Google Scholar