Free convection in hydromagnetic flows of a viscous heat-generating fluid with wall temperature oscillation and Hall currents
A study is made of the free convection in hydromagnetic flows through a porous medium of a heat generating fluid past an infinite vertical porous plate. A strong magnetic field is imposed in a direction which is perpendicular to the free stream and makes an alge α to the vertical direction. The governing equations for the hydromagnetic fluid flow and the heat transfer are solved analytically. The influence of Hall currents, the permeabilityK and the inclination α upon the velocity field are shown in figures.
KeywordsHeat Transfer Porous Medium Fluid Flow Heat Generate Wall Temperature
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Datta, N. and Jana, R. N.: 1976,J. Phys. Soc. Japan 40, 1469.Google Scholar
- Gupta, A. S.: 1975,Acta Mechanica 22, 281.Google Scholar
- Pop, I.: 1971,J. Math. Phys. Sci. 5, 375.Google Scholar
- Raptis, A. A.: 1983,Int. J. Energy Res. 7, 385.Google Scholar
- Raptis, A. A. and Perdikis, C.: 1983,Int. J. Energy Res. 7, 391.Google Scholar
- Raptis, A. and Ram, P. C.: 1984,Int. Comm. Heat Mass Trans. 5, 385.Google Scholar