Stereodirectivity of the reduction of 20-oxosteroids by actinomycetes
- 28 Downloads
1. It has been established that the reduction of the 20-oxo group of steroids to a 20α-hydroxy group, previously described only for a few microorganisms, is carried out by many actinomycetes.
2. A correlation has been found between the action of the actinomycetes studied on progesterone and the steric, directivity of the reduction of 17α-hydroxyprogesterone by these cultures.
KeywordsProgesterone Nutrient Medium Proges Seed Material Hydroxyprogesterone
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.A. A. Akhrem and Yu. A. Titov, Microbiological Transformations of Steroids [in Russian], Moscow, 1965.Google Scholar
- 2.B. Camerino and R. Modelli, Gazz. Chim. Ital., 86, 1219, 1956.Google Scholar
- 5.T. Takahashí and Y. Uchibori, Agr. Biol., Chem. Tokyo, 26, 89, 1962; C. A., 56, 14739, 1962.Google Scholar
- 7.N. N. Suvorov, L. V. Sokolova, V. M. Ryzhkova, and G. G. Dvoryantseva, DAN SSSR,152 1130, 1963.Google Scholar
- 9.L. M. Kogan and E. A. Yelin, 11 Int. Congr. Horm. Ster., Milano, Abstr., 233, 1966.Google Scholar
- 10.I. I. Zaretskaya, L. M. Kogan, O. B. Tikhomirova, and I. V. Torgov, KhPs [Chemistry of Natural Compounds],2 321, 1966.Google Scholar