Synthesis of unsaturated derivatives of 2,5-dimethyl-4-phenylpyridine and 3-methyl-2-azafluorene
- 31 Downloads
A substituted butadiene — 1-phenyl-4-(5-methyl-4-phenyl-2-pyridyl)buta-1,3-diene with a trans, trans configuration — was obtained by condensation of 2,5-dimethyl-4-phenylpyridine with cinnamaldehyde. Two 3-methyl-9-cinnamylidene-2-azafluorene isomers are formed as a result of condensation of the same aldehyde with 3-methyl-2-azafluorene. Data from the PMR and IR spectra were used to prove the configuration of the compounds obtained. It was established that the condensation of 3-methyl-2-azafluorene with salicylaldehyde gives 3-methyl-9-(2-hydroxybenzylidene)-2-azafluorene, which has a zwitterionic structure, and 1,2-bis(3-methyl-2-aza-9-fluorenylidene)ethane. Ideas regarding the chemical mechanism of the formation of the latter are presented. The preparation of an unsaturated alcohol — 3-methyl-9-allyl-2-aza-9-fluorenol — is described.
KeywordsAlcohol Organic Chemistry Aldehyde Ethane Diene
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.N. S. Prostakov and L. A. Gaivoronskaya, Zh. Obshch. Khim.,32, 76 (1962).Google Scholar
- 2.N. S. Prostakov, K. D. Matthew, and V. A. Kurichev, Khim. Geterotsikl. Soedin., No. 5, 876 (1967).Google Scholar
- 3.E. F. Magoon and L. Zechmeister, J. Am. Chem. Soc.,77, 5642 (1955).Google Scholar
- 4.K. L. Schoen and E. I. Becker, J. Am. Chem. Soc.,77, 6030 (1955).Google Scholar
- 5.Y. Sprinzak, J. Am. Chem. Soc.,78, 466 (1956).Google Scholar