Synthesis of 3α-hydroxy-6-ketobrassinosteroids
- 38 Downloads
The synthesis has been effected of the new brassinosteroids (22S,23S)-28-homotyphasterol, 24-epityphasterol, and (22S,23S)-24-epityphasterol, which belong to the 3α-hydroxy-6-oxosteroids. For obtaining (22S,23S)-28-homotyphasterol from stigmasterol, a new scheme of synthesis has been developed the key stages of which are the reduction of a 2α,3α-epoxy-6-ketone with lithium tetrahydroaluminate and the selective oxidation of the resulting 3α,6β-diol to the 3α-hydroxy-6-ketone.
KeywordsStigmasterol Chromic Acid Methine Proton Enone Vinyl Proton
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.N. V. Kovganko, Khim. Prir. Soedin., No. 2, 159–172 (1991).Google Scholar
- 3.T Yokota, M. Arima, N. Takahashi, S. Takatsuto, N. Ikekawa, and T. Takematsu, Agr. Biol. Chem.,47, 2419–2420 (1983).Google Scholar
- 4.N. V. Kovganko and Zh. N. Kashkan, Khim. Prir. Soedin., 771–776 (1990).Google Scholar
- 5.N. V. Kovganko and S. K. Ananich, Khim. Prir. Soedin., 728 (1992), [in this issue].Google Scholar
- 6.N. V. Kovganko and Zh. N. Kashkan, Zh. Prir. Khim.,26, No. 12, 2545–2552 (1990).Google Scholar
- 7.A. A. Akhrem, F. A. Lakhvich, V. A. Khrpiach, V. N. Zhabinskii, and N. V. Kovganko, Dokl. Akad. Nauk SSSR,275, No. 5, 1089–1091 (1984).Google Scholar