Influence of some defoliants on the gossypol pigments of cotton seeds
- 33 Downloads
The influence of a number of defoliants on the gossypol pigments of cotton seeds of variety S-4880 has been studied. It was established that the qualitative compositions of the pigments of the defoliant-treated plants and of the control plants were identical. However, their quantitative composition in seeds treated with defoliants having a severe action had changed substantially: they contained larger amounts of the bound forms of gossypol than in the variants with defoliants having a mild action.
KeywordsOrganic Chemistry Control Plant Gossypol Cotton Seed Quantitative Composition
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.A. I. Imamaliev, Defoliants and Their Physiological Action on the Cotton Plant [in Russian], FAN, Tashkent (1969), p. 307.Google Scholar
- 2.T. S. Zakirov, The Chemical Defoliation and Desiccation of the Cotton Plant [in Russian], Tashkent, Uzbekistan (1968), p. 180.Google Scholar
- 3.A. A. Umarov, M. Khamidov, T. Van'yants, and I. Ishankulov, Khlopok, No. 4, 29 (1989).Google Scholar
- 4.Handbook on Methods of Investigation, Technical and Chemical Control, and the Accounting of Production in the Oils and Fats Industry [in Russian], Leningrad, Vol. II, (1965), p. 146.Google Scholar
- 5.A. L. Markman and V. P. Rzhekhin, Gossypol and Its Derivatives [in Russian], Pishchevaya Prom-st' (1965), p. 218.Google Scholar
- 6.Handbook on Methods of Investigation, Technical and Chemical Control, and the Accounting of Production in the Oils and Fats Industry [in Russian], Leningrad, Vol. IV, No. II (1974), p. 42.Google Scholar