Almost-contact semidetached EP Cep in NGC 188
- 34 Downloads
The photomectic observations of EP Cep, from Kaluzny and shara (1987), were analyzed by the Wilson and Devinney method. The appropriate value of the mass ratio of this system was found after extensive searches. EP Cep has a semi-detached configuration where the lower-mass component is in contact with its respective Roche surface. The higher-mass component very nearly fills its Roche lobe. It is very close to being a critical configuration. The mass ratio of the system is about 1.292 and the inclination is 66 . ° 942. EP Cep has the characteristic of a W-type WUMa system. The absolute dimensions for the primary and secondary of this system were calculated from its spectral types and by combining the photometric solution with inferred component radial velocities (Baliunas and Guinan, 1985).
KeywordsRadial Velocity Spectral Type Extensive Search Roche Lobe Component Radial Velocity
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Baliunas, S.L. and Guinan, E.F.: 1985,Astrophys. J. 294, 207.Google Scholar
- Carbon, D.F. and Gingerich, O.: 1969, in:Theory and Observations of Normal stellar Atmospheres, MIT Press, p. 377.Google Scholar
- Kaluzny, J. and Shara, M.M.: 1987,Astrophys. J. 314, 585.Google Scholar
- Wilson, R.E. and Devinney, E.J.: 1971,Astrophys. J. 166, 605.Google Scholar
- Worden, S.P.et al.: 1978,Monthly Not. Roy. Astr. Soc. 184, 33.Google Scholar