Bolometric observation of nonradiative decay of surface plasmons in silver
A bolometric technique was used to observe the nonradiative decay of surface plasmons in a silver film. This technique allowed us to separate the radiative and nonradiative relaxations of the plasmons and to determine the radiative quantum efficiency. It is suitable for both cw and pulsed laser beams and for both polarized and nonpolarized light.
PACS07.60 07.62 78.65
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.R.K. Chang, T.E. Furtak (eds.):Surface Enhanced Roman Scattering (Plenum, New York 1982)Google Scholar
- 2.E. Kretschmann: Z. Phys.241, 313 (1971)Google Scholar
- 3.T.A. Calleott, E.T. Arakawa: Phys. Rev.B11, 2750 (1975)Google Scholar
- 4.T. Inagaki, K. Kagami, E.T. Arakawa: Phys. Rev.B24, 3644 (1981); Appl. Opt.21, 949 (1982)Google Scholar
- 5.C.S. Jung, G. Park, Y.D. Kirn: Appl. Phys. Lett.47, 1165 (1985)Google Scholar
- 6.A.J. Braundmeier, D.G. Hall: Surf. Sci.49, 376 (1975)Google Scholar