Saturation of laser irradiance fluctuations beyond a turbulent layer
- 30 Downloads
An asymptotic theory of saturated fluctuations of laser irradiance diffracted by a thin layer of turbulent medium is built. The treatment is carried out in the phase screen approximation for the case of a power law spectrum of inhomogeneities in the layer. Asymptotic forms of the covariance of irradiance fluctuations are obtained and the character of the scintillation index approach to the asymptotic value is investigated. Calculations are made for collimated and focused laser beams.
KeywordsCovariance Laser Beam Thin Layer Communication Network Asymptotic Theory
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.T. A. Cool,J. Appl. Phys. 40 (1969) 3563–3573.Google Scholar
- 2.S. M. Rytov, ‘An Introduction to Statistical Radiophysics’, (Nauka, Moscow, 1966) (in Russian).Google Scholar
- 3.K. S. Gochelashvily andV. I. Shishov,Optica Acta 18 (1971) 313–320.Google Scholar
- 4.K. S. Gochelashvily andV. I. Shishov,Optica Acta 19 (1972) 327–332.Google Scholar
- 5.V. V. Pisareva,Astron. J. 36 (1958) 112 (in Russian).Google Scholar
- 6.R. P. Mercier,Proc. Combr. Phil. Soc.,58 (1962) 382–400.Google Scholar
- 7.V. I. Shishov,Izv. Vuz. Radiofiz. 14 (1971) 85.Google Scholar
- 8.R. Bucley,Austral. J. Phys. 24 (1971) 351–371.Google Scholar