Many fields of physics, and of science and technology in general, have radically changed over the past two decades due to the development of macroscopic quantum devices: lasers, masers, quantum frequency standards, and, of course, superconducting quantum interference detectors-SQUIDs. The SQUIDs today are the most sensitive and simple devices for registration of weak magnetic fields and electric and nonelectric quantities transformed into magnetic flux. There have naturally been many reviews and articles on SQUID operation and applications [1–3]. In this paper we will not touch on the well-known problems and will focus our attention mainly on high-temperature SQUIDs based on the results obtained at the JINR, Dubna.
Key wordsHigh-Tc SQUID
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.J. Clarke,Superconducting Electronics, NATO ASI Series, Vol. F59, M. Nisenoff and M. Weinstock, eds. (Springer, Berlin) 1989.Google Scholar
- 2.Proceedings of successive International Conferences on Superconducting Quantum Interference Devices in Berlin: SQUID'76, SQUID'80, SQUID'85, H. D. Hahlbohm and H. Lubbig, eds. (de Gruyter, Berlin, 1976, 1980, 1985).Google Scholar
- 3.M. Odegnal,Sov. J. Low Temp. Phys. 11, 1 (1985).Google Scholar
- 4.B. V. Vasiliev and S. V. Uchaikin, P13-90-586, Preprint JINR, 1990. Dubna.Google Scholar
- 5.V. N. Polushkin and B. V. Vasiliev, P13-89-85, Preprint JINR, 1989, Dubna.Google Scholar
- 6.A. G. Likhachev, V. N. Polushkin, S. V. Uchaikin, and B. V. Vasiliev, D13-89-586, Preprint JINR, 1989, Dubna.Google Scholar
- 7.T. Venkatesan,Supercurrents 9, 49–58 (1989).Google Scholar
- 8.T. Venkatesanet al., Solid State Ionics 32/33, 1043–1050 (1989).Google Scholar
- 9.V. N. Polushkin and B. V. Vasiliev,Mod. Phys. Lett. B 3, 1327–1335 (1989).Google Scholar
- 10.K. K. Likharev,Introduction to the Dynamics of Josephson Transition (Nauka Press, Moscow, 1985), p. 320.Google Scholar
- 11.A. G. Likhachev, V. N. Polushkin, S. V. Uchaikin, and B. V. Vasiliev,Supercond. Sci. Technol. 3, 148–150 (1990).Google Scholar