Stabilization of toroidal Abrikosov vortex in a nonuniform superconductor
The possibility of existence of stable closed Abrikosov vortices of small size in nonuniform type-II superconductors is shown. These compact magnetic structures localize in all three dimensions and interact weakly with the external magnetic environment. The closed vortex is stabilized near the cylindrical interface between two superconductors with different magnetic field penetration depths. The size of the closed vortices can be small enough compared with the penetration depth.
Key wordsLondon model closed Abrikosov vortex compact magnetic structure nonuniform type-II superconductor pinning
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.V. A. Kozlov and A. V. Samokhvalov,JETP Lett. 53, 158 (1991).Google Scholar
- 2.D. Saint-James, G. Sarma, and E. J. Tomas,Type-II Superconductivity (Pergamon Press, Oxford, 1969).Google Scholar
- 3.L. L. Daemen and J. E. Gubernatis,Phys. Rev. B 43, 2625 (1991).Google Scholar
- 4.A. M. Campbell and J. E. Evetts,Critical Currents in Superconductors (Barnes & Noble, New York, 1972).Google Scholar
- 5.A. A. Abrikosov,Fundamental Theory of Metals (Nauka, Moscow, 1987).Google Scholar
- 6.G. S. Mkrtchian, F. R. Shakirzyanova, E. A. Shapoval, and V. V. Shmidt,Zh. Eksp. Teor. Fiz. 63, 667 (1972).Google Scholar
- 7.C. P. Bean and J. D. Livingston,Phys. Rev. Lett. 12, 14 (1964).Google Scholar
- 8.H. Koppe,Phys. Status Solidi 17, K229 (1966).Google Scholar