Positron annihilation study of defects in the cyclically transformed martensite phase in a Cu-Zn-Al Alloy
- 36 Downloads
Positron annihilation lineshape and lifetime measurements showed that by thermal cycling through the martensitic phase transformation, defects are introduced in Cu-Zn-Al alloys. It was concluded that mobile and immobile defects were introduced, most probably vacancies and dislocations.
PACS78.70 B 81.30 K 6170
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.R.M. Nieminen, M.J. Maninnen: InPositrons in Solids, ed. by P. Hautojärvi, Topics Current Phys.12 (Springer, Berlin, Heidelberg 1979) pp. 145–195Google Scholar
- 2.D. Rios Jara, M. Morin, C. Esnouf, G. Guénin: J. Physique43, C 4–735 (1982)Google Scholar
- 3.I.K. MacKenzie, J.A. Eady, R.R. Gingerich: Phys. Lett.33A, 279 (1970)Google Scholar
- 4.P. Kirkegaard, M. Eldrup: Comp. Phys. Commun.3, 200 (1972)Google Scholar
- 5.J. Van Humbeeck, D. Segers, L. Delaey: Scripta Met. (submitted)Google Scholar