Electrophotographic multi-layer plates based on vacuum-evaporated cadmium sulphide and polyethylene
- 25 Downloads
A new possibility for using vacuum-evaporated CdS thin films in combination with a suitable organic polymer (e.g., polyethylene) in electrophotography is described. The advantages of a multi-layer type sample are discussed in terms of deep bulk trapping of the photogenerated free carriers, injected in the polymer. A formula is derived, which links the initial rate of surface potential decay with the trapping range in unit fieldμ0τ. Using it and the data for the initial rates of surface potential decay of two samples (a double-layer and a multi-layer one), the trapping range for the vacuum-evaporated polyethylene films is determined.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.E. Vateva, B. Pashmakov, A. Bekirov: Fifth Nat. Meeting “Physics and Technical Application of AIIBVI Semiconductors”, Vilnjus (1983)3, 29 (1983)Google Scholar
- 2.S.L. Madorsky: J. Polymer Sci.9, 133 (1952)Google Scholar
- 3.I. Chen: J. Appl. Phys.43, 1137 (1972)Google Scholar
- 4.H.T. Li, P.J. Regensburger: J. Appl. Phys.34, 1730 (1963)Google Scholar
- 5.J. Mort, I. Chen, R. Emerald, J. Sharp: J. Appl. Phys.43, 2285 (1972)Google Scholar