Renal handling of iodamide and diatrizoate. Evidence of active tubular secretion of iodamide
- 18 Downloads
Active tubular secretion of iodamide, a water-soluble contrast medium, was demonstrated by comparing the clearances of iodamide, iothalamate and inulin. Passive tubular back diffusion was not found. The fraction excreted by tubular secretion was significantly reduced at “clinical” plasma concentrations. The glomerular filtration rate was slightly depressed at these concentrations of iodamide and diatrizoate.
Key wordsContrast media diatrizoate glomerular filtration rate iodamide tubular secretion
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Bonati, F., Rosati, G.F., Zanichelli, V.: La clearance renale dei mazzi di contraste per urografia nel coniglio. Radiol. med. (Torino)52, 577–87 (1966)Google Scholar
- 2.Elwood, C.N., Sigman, E.M.: The measurement of glomerular filtration rate and effective renal plasma flow in man by iothalamate125I and iodopyracet131I. Circulation36, 441–448 (1967)Google Scholar
- 3.Bollerup, A.D., Hesse, B., Sigurd, B.: Changes of glomerular filtration rate and renal plasma flow following intravenous bumetanide in organic heart disease. Acta pharmacol. (Kbh.)34, 305–311 (1974)Google Scholar
- 4.Heyrovsky, A.: A new method for the determination of inulin in plasma and urine. Clin. chim. Acta1, 470–473 (1956)Google Scholar
- 5.Maher, F.T., Tauxe, W.N.: Renal clearances in man of pharmaceuticals containing radioactive iodine. J. Amer. med. Ass.207, 97–104 (1969)Google Scholar
- 6.Tauxe, W.N., Burbank, M.K., Maher, F.T., Hunt, J.C.: Renal clearances of radioactive ortho-iodo-hippurate and diatrizoate. Proc. Mayo Clin.39, 761–766 (1964)Google Scholar
- 7.Pihl, B.: Studies on the single injection technique for determination of renal clearance, pp. 47–48. Malmö: Studentlitteratur Lund 1973Google Scholar
- 8.Aperia, A., Broberger, O., Ekengren, K.: Renal hemodynamics during selective renal angiography. Invest. Radiol.3, 389–396 (1968)Google Scholar
- 9.Caldicott, W.S.H., Hollenberg, N.K., Abrams, H.L.: Characteristics of response of renal vascular bed to contrast media. Evidence for vasoconstriction induced by the reninangiotensin system. Invest. Radiol.5, 539–547 (1970)Google Scholar
- 10.McChesney, E.W., Hoppe, J.O.: Studies of the tissue distribution and excretion of sodium diatrizoate in laboratory animals. Amer. J. Roentgenol.78, 137–144 (1970)Google Scholar