Isolation spectra for InGaAs/GaAs strained single quantum well laser diode optical switches
- 17 Downloads
The spectral dependence of gain and loss for an InGaAs/GaAs strained single quantum well laser diode were measured. High gain and high isolation at the second quantized transition wavelength can be obtained with a low injection current. A strained single quantum well structure is suitable for construction of an integrated optical matrix switch with low power consumption.
KeywordsPower Consumption Communication Network Laser Diode High Gain Injection Current
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.M. Okayasu, T. Takeshita, M. Yamada, O. Kogure, M. Horiguchi, M. Fukuda, A. Kozen, K. Oe andS. Uehara,Electron. Lett. 25 (1989) 1563.Google Scholar
- 2.K. J. Beernink, J. J. Alwan, P. K. York andJ. J. Coleman, in 12th IEEE International Semiconductor Laser Conference, Vol. D-8 (1990) p. 56.Google Scholar
- 3.S. Oku, K. Yoshino, M. Ikeda, M. Okamoto andT. Kawakami, in 1990 International Topical Meeting on Photonic Switching, Vol. 13C-17, 1990, p. 98.Google Scholar
- 4.M. Ikeda,J. Appl. Phys. 66 (1989) 1038.Google Scholar
- 5.M. Mittelstein, Y. Arakawa, A. Larsson andA. Yariv,Appl. Phys. Lett. 49 (1986) 1689.Google Scholar