The effect of thiourea, LIX65N and chloride ion on the morphology of electrowon copper
- 56 Downloads
The effect of thiourea, LIX65N (a common organic extractant for copper) and chloride ion on the morphology of electrodeposited copper under different conditions is reported. The deposit morphology was assessed by optical microscopy techniques, scanning electron microscopy and X-ray diffraction measurements. The importance of controlling the concentration of these additives in electrowinning copper from electrolytes obtained from a solvent extraction separation process is indicated.
KeywordsThiourea Copper Deposit Scanning Electron Microscopy Photomicrograph Thiourea Concentration Pyramidal Growth
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- [l]G. G. Storey and S. C. Barnes,J. Inst. Metals 90 (1961) 336.Google Scholar
- A. Brennar, V. Zenderland and C. W. JenningsPlating 38 (1952) 865.Google Scholar
- D. J. MacKinnon and V. I. Lakshmanan, Canmet Scientific Bulletin, CM76-10, (1976).Google Scholar
- V. I. Lakshmanan, D. J. MacKinnon and J. M. Brannen,J. Appl. Electrochem. 7 (1977).Google Scholar
- D. J. MacKinnon, V. I. Lakshmanan and J. M. Brannen,Trans. Inst. Mining & Metallurgy, Section C 85 (1976) in press.Google Scholar
- J. Billen, Ph.D. Thesis, University of Louvain, (1969).Google Scholar
- P. H. Scheers, Ph.D. Thesis, University of Louvain, (1969).Google Scholar
- C. LaHousse, Ph.D. Thesis, University of Louvain, (1969).Google Scholar