Influence of mass transport on the performance of carbon gas-diffusion air electrodes in alkaline solution
- 40 Downloads
The effect of mass transport on the electrochemical behaviour of carbon gas-diffusion air electrodes in alkaline solution was investigated on the basis of ΔE(i) curves. These curves are obtained by subtraction of potential values for an electrode operating with airEair(i) from potential values for the same electrode operating with pure oxygenEoxygen(i) at the same current densityi. Three different regions on these curves connected with different modes of mass transport are recognized. A model of the gas-diffusion air electrode which takes into account the diffusion of the gas, diffusion of the dissolved gas, electrochemical reaction and IR drop is used to explain the experimental results.
KeywordsPhysical Chemistry Mass Transport Alkaline Solution Electrochemical Behaviour Electrochemical Reaction
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- J. Mrha, M. Musilova and J. Jindra,Collection Czechoslov. chem. Commun. 36 (1971) 638.Google Scholar
- I. Iliev, S. Gamburzev, A. Kaisheva, E. Vakanova, J. Muchovski and E. Budevski,Izv. Otd. Khim. Nauki, Bulg. Acad. Nauk. 7 (1974) 223.Google Scholar
- E. Yeager, Technical Report No. 12, Western Reserve University, Cleveland, Ohio, 1960.Google Scholar
- J. Jindra and J. Mrha,Collection Czechoslov. Chem. Commun. 36 (1971) 957.Google Scholar
- I. Iliev,Izv. Otd. Khim. Nauki, Bulg. Acad. Nauk 7 (1974) 167.Google Scholar
- I. Iliev,Ibid.., in press.Google Scholar
- J. Mrha and W. Vielstich, Power sources, Proceeding 5th Intern. Sympos. (D. H. Collins, Ed.), Pergamon Press, London 1967.Google Scholar
- I. Iliev, A. Kaisheva and S. Gamburzev,Izv. Otd. Khim. Nauki, Bulg. Acad. Nauk., in press.Google Scholar
- W. G. Berl,Trans. Electrochem, Soc. 83 (1943) 253.Google Scholar