A model for calculating heat propagation in welding a composite to a monometal
- 19 Downloads
Two-dimensional calculated estimates of the temperature fields in butt welding sheets of CM with monometal sheets were obtained.
The calculated and experimental data are in satisfactory agreement.
The isotherms of the temperature fields in welding KAS-1A composite material AMg6 aluminum alloy were constructed.
Analysis of the constructed isotherms shows that the volume of the heated metal in the CM is considerably smaller than in the AMg6 alloy, i.e., the level of the residual welding stresses and strains in the composite material is lower than in the aluminum alloys and the accuracy of manufacture of structures from the CM is higher than from the aluminum alloys.
The duration of existence of the fiber-matrix boundary at a temperature of 773°K is 14 sec. It can therefore be concluded that brittle intermetallic compounds do not form at the fiber-matrix boundary at a distance of 2.5 mm from the weld axis.
KeywordsWelding Composite Material Aluminum Alloy Temperature Field Intermetallic Compound
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.L. P. Khoroshun, “The equation of heat transfer in composites,” Dokl. Akad. Nauk Ukr. SSR, Ser. A, 629–633 (1977).Google Scholar
- 2.I. P. Baikova and A. I. Lebedev, “Effect of the bandedness of the sheet in respect of width on temperature distribution in single-pulse arc welding,” Svar. Proizvod., No. 5, 20–24 (1970).Google Scholar
- 3.I. M. Zhdanov, B. V. Medko, V. V. Lysak, A. M. Grinyuk, A. P. Shilov, A. S. Starodumov, Yu. A. Sigbatulin, S. L. Dykhno, R. V. Mel'nikov, and V. A. Boichenko, “A clamping device for welding and welding components,” Inventor's certificate No. 846203, Otkr. Izobr. Prom. Obraztsy. Tov. Zn., No. 26, 67 (1981).Google Scholar
- 4.N. N. Rykalin, Calculation of Thermal Processes in Welding [in Russian], Moscow (1951).Google Scholar
- 5.V. R. Ryabov, Welding Aluminum and Its Alloys to Other Metals [in Russian], Kiev (1983).Google Scholar