On the theory of the linear electro-optical effect in cubical crystals
The linear electro-optical effect in cubical crystals of acentric classes is considered by an approximate covariant method. Simple analytic expressions for the induced optic axes and for the eigenvalues and eigenvectors of the inverse dielectric tensor are obtained for all directions of the electric field in these crystals. The method used enables one to determine the above quantities with a high degree of accuracy. The cases where the electric field rotates in planes orthogonal to the crystallographic directions and in the planes of symmetry of the crystal are considered in detail.
KeywordsAnalytical Chemistry Molecular Structure Optic Axis Crystallographic Direction Covariant Method
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.F. I. Fedorov and L. M. Barkovskii, ZhPS [Journal of Applied Spectroscopy],3, 83, 1965.Google Scholar
- 2.F. I. Fedorov and L. M. Barkovskii, Kristallografiya,11, 766, 1966.Google Scholar
- 3.V. A. Shamburov, Kristallografiya,9, 672, 1964.Google Scholar
- 4.S. Namba, JOSA,51, 76, 1961.Google Scholar
- 5.F. Sterzer, D. Blatner, and S. Miniter, JOSA,54, 62, 1964.Google Scholar
- 6.F. I. Fedorov, The Optics of Anisotropic Media [in Russian], Izd. AN BSSR, 1958.Google Scholar
- 7.F. I. Fedorov, Theory of Elastic Waves in Crystals [in Russian], Izd-vo Nauka, 1965.Google Scholar
- 8.I. S. Berezin and N. P. Zhidkov, Methods of Computation [in Russian], Fizmatgiz, 1960.Google Scholar
- 9.R. A. Myers, and P. S. Pershan, J. Appl. Phys.,36, 22, 1965.Google Scholar