Transformations of 2α-hydroxy-2,6,6-trimethylbicyclo[3.1.1]-heptan-3-one under conditions of acid catalysis
- 38 Downloads
The transformations of 2a-hydroxy-2,6,6-trimethylbicyclo[3.1.1]heptan-3-one under the conditions of acid catalysis have been studied. It has been shown that this compound can be used for the synthesis of products of various structures: a bridged bicyclic lactone (1,8,8-trimethyl-2-oxabicyclo[3.2.1]octan-3-one), an aromatic compound (carvacrol), and nitrogen-containing derivatives of p-menthane such as 8-acylamino-p-menth-6-en-2-ones. The structures of the compounds synthesized were shown by the results of1H and13C NMR spectroscopies.
KeywordsOrganic Chemistry Lactone Aromatic Compound Carvacrol Acid Catalysis
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.E. J. Corey and A. W. Gross,J. Org. Chem. 50, No. 25, 5391 (1985).Google Scholar
- 2.G. Klein, D. Arlt, and M. Jautelat, FRG Patent No. 3,136,580 (1983); Chem. Abstr.,99, 54021 (1983).Google Scholar
- 3.G. Klein, D. Arlt, and R. Braden, FRG Patent No. 3,135,948 (1983); Chem. Abstr.,99, 70282 (1983).Google Scholar
- 4.R. G. Carlson and J. K. Pierce,J. Org. Chem. 36, No. 16, 2319 (1971).Google Scholar
- 5.G. R. Krow,Tetrahedron 36, No. 16, 2319 (1971).Google Scholar
- 6.H. Sigunome and S. Yamada,Bull. Chem. Soc. Jpn. 58, 3055 (1985).Google Scholar
- 7.N. G. Kozlov and T. I. Pekhk,Zh. Org. Khim. 18, No. 5, 1118 (1982).Google Scholar