Phase relations in the Fe-Cr-O system at 1200°C investigated by means of a diffusion couple technique
- 155 Downloads
The morphology and composition of diffusion layers formed in multiphase ternary diffusion couples of Cr or Cr-Fe alloy vs. FeO or FeCr2O4 have been studied by electron probe microanalysis, X-ray diffraction, and microscopy. A new technique for annealing of the couples has been developed. Phase relations at 1200° C of the ternary system Fe-Cr-O are discussed, and diffusion paths of the investigated couples are plotted on the isothermal section of the ternary phase diagram.
Key wordsmultiphase ternary diffusion Cr-Fe-O oxidation of binary alloys
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.A. D. Dalvi and D. E. Coates,Oxid. Met. 5, 113 (1972).Google Scholar
- 2.R. A. Rapp, A. Ezis, and G. J. Yurek,Metall. Trans. 4, 1283 (1973).Google Scholar
- 3.J. S. Kirkaldy and L. C. Brown,Can. Metall. Q. 3, 89 (1963).Google Scholar
- 4.J. B. Clark,Trans. Metall. Soc. A.I.M.E. 227 1250 (1963).Google Scholar
- 5.G. Brauer,Handbuch der Preparativen, Anorganischen Chemie (Ferdinand Euke Verlag, Stuttgart, 1962), p. 1305.Google Scholar
- 6.E. Whipple and A. Wold,J. Inorg. Nucl. Chem. 24, 23 (1962).Google Scholar
- 7.A. D. Pelton and H. Schmalzried,Metall. Trans. 4, 1395 (1973).Google Scholar
- 8.D. P. Whittle, G. C. Wood, D. J. Evans, and D. B. Scully,Acta Metall. 15, 1747 (1967).Google Scholar
- 9.C. E. Birchenall, inOxidation of Metals and Alloys, D. L. Douglass, ed. (American Society for Metals, Metals Park, Ohio, 1971), pp. 177–200.Google Scholar
- 10.A. U. Seybolt,J. Electrochem. Soc. 107, 147 (1960).Google Scholar