Lipids of the fruit of Rumax paulsenianus
- 23 Downloads
The lipids of the fruit ofRumex paulsenianus have been investigated. The lipid content of the seeds was 7.8% and of the perianths 0.58%. Of the 18 classes of lipids detected, 16, including anthraquinone pigments, were identified by CC and TLC and by UV and IR spectroscopies and mass spectrometry. The low-molecular-mass triacylgly-cerols dimyristoylacetin, dimyristoylcaproin, myristoylcaproylacetin, and hydroxylipids have been detected in the fruit of plants of the Polygonaceae family for the first time.
KeywordsAnthraquinone Fatty Alcohol Sterol Ester Reserve Lipid Chrysophanol
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Flora of the Uzbek SSR [in Russian], Izd-vo AN UzSSR, Tashkent, Vol. 2, (1953), p. 107.Google Scholar
- 2.Plant Resources of the USSR. Flowering Plants, Their Chemical Composition and Use [in Russian], Nauka, Leningrad (1985), p. 277. A. I. Shreter, the Medicinal Flora of Soviet Far East [in Russian], Meditsina, Moscow (1975), p. 78.Google Scholar
- 3.R. Hegnauer, Chemotaxonomie der Pflanzen, Birkhäuser Verlag, Basel and Stuttgart, Vol. 5 (1969), p. 372.Google Scholar
- 4.C. Kh. Chevrenidi, Tanning Plants of Central Asia [in Russian], Tashkent (1965), p. 330.Google Scholar
- 7.Handbook on Methods of Investigation, Technical and Chemical Control, and the Accounting of Production in the Oils and Fats Industry [in Russian], Izd-vo VNIIZh, Leningrad, Vol. 1, Book 1 (1967), p. 438.Google Scholar
- 9.J. J. Myher, in: Handbook of Lipid Research. Vol. 1, Fatty Acids and Glycerides, Plenum, New York (1978), p. 176.Google Scholar
- 11.N. P. Mishenko, L. S. Stepanenko, O. E. Krivoshchekova, and O. P. Maksimov, Khim. Prir. Soedin., 160 (1980).Google Scholar
- 13.T. V Khomova, S. D. Gusakova, A. I. Glushenkova, and A. P. Shlyapnikova, Khim. Prir. Soedin., 707 (1984).Google Scholar