Synthesis of benzo[g]quinoline derivatives
- 35 Downloads
In the condensation of 1, 2, 3, 4-tetrahydro-4-oxobenzo[g]quinollne with ammonia, which leads to the formation of 4-aminobenzo[g]quinoline, the by-products are benzo[g]quinoline (V) and 1, 2, 3, 4-tetrahydrobenzo]quinoline (VI), which are also obtained from 1, 2, 3, 4-tetrahydro-4hydroxybenzo[g]quinoline by its dehydration and the subsequent disproportionation of the dihydrobenzo[g]quinoline formed.
KeywordsAmmonia Organic Chemistry Dehydration Quinoline Disproportionation
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.A. F. Bekhli and N. P. Kozyreva, KhGS [Chemistry of Heterocyclic Compounds], 304, 1968.Google Scholar
- 2.J. von Braun and H. Gruber, Chem. Ber.,55, 1710, 1922.Google Scholar
- 3.A. Etienne, Ann. Chim.,12, 5, 1946.Google Scholar
- 4.A. Etienne and A. Stachelin, Bull. Soc. Chim. France, 748, 1954.Google Scholar
- 5.A. B. Lal and N. Singh, Chem. Ber.,7, 2427, 1965.Google Scholar
- 6.A. Etienne and M. Legrand, Bull. Soc. Chim. France, 108, 1953.Google Scholar
- 7.G. M. Bedger, R. S. Pearce, and R. Pettit, J. Chem. Soc., 3199, 1951.Google Scholar
- 8.G. R. Clemo and G. W. Driver, J. Chem. Soc., 829, 1945.Google Scholar