Culcitosides C2 and C3 from the starfishCulcita novaeguineae
- 30 Downloads
Two steroid glycosides not previously described have been isolated from the digestive system of the starfishCulcite novaeguiniae, and these have been called culcitosides C2 and C3. With the aid of chemical and spectral methods, the chemical structure of C2 has been established as 24ξ-methyl-5α-cholestane-3β,4β,6α,8,15β,16β,28-heptaol 28-O-[O-(2,4-di-O-methyl-β-D-xylopyranosyl)-(1 → 2)-α-L-arabinofuranoside, and that of C3 as its 4-deoxy analogue.
KeywordsGlycoside Carbohydrate Chain Steroid Glycoside Hexaol Physalis Angulata
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.A. A. Kicha, A. I. Kalinovskii, E. V. Levina, P. V. Andryashenko, Khim. Prir. Soedin., 801 (1985).Google Scholar
- 3.A. A. Kicha, A. I. Kalinovskii, and E. V. Levina, Khim. Prir. soedin., 738 (1984).Google Scholar
- 4.A. A. Kicha, A. I. Kalinovskii, E. V. Levina, Ya. V. Rashkes, V. A. Stonik, and G. B. Elyakov, Khim. Prir. Soedin., 356 (1985).Google Scholar
- 7.V. I. Kalinin and V. A. Stonik, Khim. Prir. Soedin., 215 (1982).Google Scholar
- 8.I. T. Harrison, L. Tokes, J. Riegl, Chem. Ind. (London), 219 (1976).Google Scholar