Lipids of Hibiscus cannabinus seeds
- 29 Downloads
The neutral and polar lipids of kenaf seeds of the variety Uzbetskii-1574 from the 1983 crop have been studied. The fatty acid compositions of six acyl-containing classes of neutral lipids have been established for the first time. The acids in the sn-2 positions of the triacylglycerols and of the main classes of phospholipids have been determined. The main triacylglycerol species are those in which the sn-2 position is esterified by linoleic acid.
KeywordsFatty Acid Composition Neutral Lipid Stigmasterol Campesterol Sterol Ester
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 3.C. L. Kalra and J. S. Pruthi, Indian Food Packer,38, 37 (1984).Google Scholar
- 6.G. V. Panekina, S. D. Gusakova, M. Ya. Tabak, and A. U. Umarov, Khim. Prikl. Soedin.,44 (1978).Google Scholar
- 8.S. G. Yunusova, I. P. Nazarova, S. D. Gusakova, and A. I. Glushenkova, Khim. Prikl. Soedin., 319 (1980).Google Scholar
- 9.A. L. Markman, T. V. Chernenko, and A. U. Umarov, Prikl. Biokhim. Mikrobiol., No. 6, 616 (1969).Google Scholar
- 11.L. J. Bellamy, Infrared Spectra of Complex Molecules (2nd edn.), Methuen, London/Wiley, New York (1958).Google Scholar
- 12.D. Chapman and A. Morrison, J. Biol. Chem.,24, 5044 (1966).Google Scholar