Myocardial visualization on a routine perfusion lung scintigram: Relationship to the amount of right-to-left shunt
- 27 Downloads
Three cases of myocardial visualization on a routine perfusion lung scintigram with99mTc-macroaggregated albumin were reported in patients with congenital heart diseases; two cases of tetralogy of Fallot and one case of truncus arteriosus type IV. Large right-to-left shunts greater than 39% and marked hypertrophy of the ventricle suggesting the presence of increased coronary blood flow were noted in all cases. In the two patients with tetralogy of Fallot myocardial activity appeared to be located in the hypertrophic right ventricles.
KeywordsPublic Health Blood Flow Albumin Heart Disease Nuclear Medicine
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Futatsuya R, Seto H, Kakishita M, Kamei T, Terada Y, Sugimoto T (1981) Thallium-201 myocardial scintigraphy on coronary vasodilator, dipyridamole: assessment of regional coronary perfusion reserve. Kaku Igaku 18:1287–1294Google Scholar
- Gates GF, Orme HW, Dore EK (1975) Surgery of congenital heart disease assessed by radionuclide scintigraphy. J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 69:767–775Google Scholar
- Greenfield LD, Bennett LR (1973) Detection of intracardiac shunts with radionuclide imaging. Semin Nucl Med 3:139–152Google Scholar
- Lin CY (1971) Lung scan in cardiopulmonary disease. I. Tetralogy of Fallot. J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 61:370–379Google Scholar
- Lisbona R (1978) Myocardial visualization on a lung scan. Clin Nucl Med 4:159Google Scholar
- Rothe CF (1976) Cardiodynamics. In: Selkurt EE (ed) Physiology. Little, Brown and Company, Boston, p 356Google Scholar
- Seto H, Matsudaira M, Hisada K (1978) Quantification of right-to-left shunting in cyanotic heart disease by isosensitive scanning. Radioisotopes 27:581–583Google Scholar
- Weissmann HS, Steingart RM, Kiely TM, Sugarman LA, Freeman LM (1980) Myocardial visualization on a perfusion lung scan. J Nucl Med 21:745–746Google Scholar