Enzymatic determination of citrulline in biological samples
- 23 Downloads
The newly developed method for the enzymatic determination of citrulline in biological specimens gives satisfying and reproducible results and is apt for measuring citrulline concentrations in the physiological as well as in the pathological range, for disease screening and probably can be utilized for automatic analysis.
Since citrulline hydrolase is a fairly stable enzyme with no requirements for cofactors and not interfered by basic amino acids and urea, this method offers a true alternative to the citrulline-determinations employed previously.
KeywordsEnzyme Physical Chemistry Analytical Chemistry Urea Inorganic Chemistry
Enzymatische Bestimmung von Citrullin in biologischen Proben
- 1.Archibald RM (1944) J Biol Chem 156:121Google Scholar
- 2.Bergmeyer HU (1974) Methoden der enzymat. Analyse, Bd I. Verlag Chemie, Weinheim, pp 689–696Google Scholar
- 3.Eichler W, Schimassek H (1983) Hoppe-Seyler's Z Physiol Chem 364:1118–1119Google Scholar
- 4.Hill DL, Chambers P (1967) Biochim Biophys Acta 148:435–447Google Scholar
- 5.Münch A, Eichler W, Schimassek H (1983) Hoppe-Seyler's Z Physiol Chem 364:1185Google Scholar
- 6.Saheki T, Ueda A, Hosoya M, Kusumi K, Takada S, Tsuda M, Katsunuma T (1981) Clin Chim Acta 109:325–335Google Scholar
- 7.Saheki T, Sase M, Nakano K (1983) Hoppe-Seyler's Z Physiol Chem 364:1252Google Scholar