Use of pentafluorophenyl esters in the synthesis of intermediate fragments of ACTH
The results are given of the synthesis of the heptapeptide 13–19 of the natural sequence of ACTH using, in a number of stages, the pentafluorophyl esters of amino acids and peptides in combination with the temporary silyl protection of the carboxy group of the amino components. The intermediate compounds were obtained with good yields (70–90%) in chromatographically homogeneous form and their physicochemical characteristics did not differ from those of similar products obtained by other methods and described in the literature. The identification and checking of the purity of the compounds synthesized was carried out not only by traditional methods but also by the13C NMR method and by high-pressure liquid chromatography. Some physicochemical characteristics of the compounds synthesized are given.
KeywordsCarboxy Group DMFA Natural Sequence Methyl Chloride Ethyl Chloroformate
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Yu. V. Mitin and N. P. Zapevalova, Usp. Khim.,5, 852 (1977).Google Scholar
- 3.V. N. Karel'skii, E. P. Krysin, A. K. Rabinovich, A. A. Antonov, and M. B. Smirnov, Khim. Prir. Soedin., 374 (1980).Google Scholar
- 4.E. P. Krysin, V. N. Karel'skii, A. A. Antonov, and M. B. Smirnov, Khim. Prir. Soedin., 373 (1979).Google Scholar
- 5.V. I. Svergun, M. B. Smirnov, V. N. Karel'skii, E. P. Krysin, and V. P. Panov, Khim.-farm. Zh., No. 6 (1980).Google Scholar
- 6.M. A. Chlenov, E. V. Titova, L. I. Kudryashov, V. N. Karel'skii, and A. A. Antonov, Fifth All-Union Symposium on the Chemistry and Physics of Proteins and Peptides [in Russian], Moscow (1980), p. 245.Google Scholar
- 7.E. P. Krysin, V. N. Karel'skii, A. A. Antonov, and É. D. Glinka, Khim. Prir. Soedin., 482 (1978).Google Scholar