Spectrophotometric determination of a spirostane aglycone — Pennogenin — InPolygonatum stenophyllum
- 33 Downloads
The color reactions of free and glycosidically bound pennogenin with sulfuric acid and solutions of it have been studied. The reaction with 72% sulfuric acid at 50°C for 60 min has been used to determine glycosidically bound pennogenin in the roots after the extraction of the glycoside fraction and its appropriate purification from accompanying substances.
KeywordsCatechin Epicatechin Cyanidin Furic Acid Epicatechin Gallate
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.L. I. Strigina, E. V. Kol'chuk, A. I. Kalinovskii, and V. V. Isakov, Khim. Prir. Soedin., 580 (1977).Google Scholar
- 2.L. Fieser and M Fieser, Steroids, Reinhold, New York (1959).Google Scholar
- 6.J. Bartos and M. Pesez, Colorimetric and Fluorimetric Analysis of Steroids, Academic Press, New York (1976), pp. 245–249.Google Scholar
- 7.V. V. Panina and P. M. Loshkarev, Med. Promst., 45 (1963).Google Scholar
- 8.V. A. Paseshnichenko, K. Shittabe, and A. R. Guseva, Prikl. Biokhim. Mikrobiol.,8, 92 (1972).Google Scholar
- 10.L. I. Strigina, E. V. Kol'chuk, and E. N. Lilipenko, Khim. Prir. Soedin., 121 (1977).Google Scholar